Every time I meet new friends, they are always curious why I decided I live in Perth. They are amazed considering that I am from Plymouth in the UK. They are also surprised at my luck on finding my home. The answer to the first question is my love for sunshine, food, beaches, beer and surfing. Answer to second question is I searched the internet for properties available that will give me the best value for my money and I visited lots of display homes for sale.
I also learned that buying property on your own is not fun. Having a buyer’s agent has managed to put things in my favor. It seems more costly having to buy a home without a representative particularly since I am not well versed with the property rules in Perth. My agent became my friend and she helped me in the best way she can in looking at all the display homes for sale that would satisfy my wish list. She even gave me tips on the way to start a new life in Perth.
Here is my advice to people who are planning to move to Perth
1. Perth is isolated and the lifestyle is quite relaxed. If you are more in tune to a busy metropolis, you would do better at Melbourne or Sydney.
2. Do not be obsessed with weather forecasts because you will get plenty of sunshine in summer and severe storms in winter. It is not surprising to experience a sudden downpour in the middle of a hot summer day.
3. You can get the best beers in Western Australia; better than what you drink back home. Wine is also incredible because Australia has plenty of vineyards. Locals in Perth are fond of BBQ’s and of course beer.
4. Everybody loves football and they take it seriously.
5. Public transport is excellent because the bus has air conditioning and the trains are clean. A journey is worth the ticket because it comes with free magnificent views.
6. Food is incredible in Perth. They have those food festivals where you get to taste all the local delicacies.
7. If you are at the beach, always listen to warnings. If there is a shark in the water do yourself a favor and get out of the water fast.