How To Make Your Own Photo Canvas
The first thing you have to do when trying your hand out in making your own photo canvas is to prepare all the materials needed for the project. The list of materials is the following:
– Black canvases which you can buy locally or order online
– Photo prints that are enlarged in size and should be printed on photo paper. Go to your nearest photo lab to get your photos enlarged.
– A matte finish from Mod Podge.
– Brushes made of foam.
– Black paint.
– Cutting board and a utility knife.
After you have secured all the materials needed, follow these steps:
– The first thing you have to do is to choose the picture that you want to place in the canvas. It must be enlarged and printed at the proper size. You can go to your nearest photo lab to let them do this for you because printing at home might not result to the same quality. Make sure to let them know that you don’t want it printed in a banner paper.
– Your canvas should be of the same size as the enlarged photo.
– For this step you will have to use the Mod Podge and foam brush. Cover the top layer of the canvas with the finish.
– Once the entire surface is fully covered, position the photo on top of the canvas and use your hands to flatten it out. This will help the photo stick to the canvas as well as eliminate any air bubbles. Let it dry fully. You can add pressure by pressing a book against the back of the canvas.
– Once fully dried, cut the excess part of the photo (this is if the measurements are not exactly the same). You can cut with the use of the cutting board and utility knife. The canvas must be on its back side to cut the edge properly.
– The last step is to paint the edge of the canvas using the foam brush and black paint though you may use other colors you prefer. You can do this with two or three coatings.
– Let it dry and hang wherever you want inside the house.
If you are not sure you want to do it yourself or have tried and failed, you can always hire a professional company to do your canvas prints in UK.