The solar market keeps on growing annually because of the accessibility of the solar power which is not possible before. Many households are opting to invest in solar panels on the Gold Coast because they recognize that shifting into this alternative power source carries a lot of benefits.
- One of the major reasons why many shifts to solar power is the savings from their monthly electrical bill. People are able to save a lot depending on where they are but the bottom line is they are able to save more than the amount of money they have invested in their solar energy system.
- For homeowners who do not have the funds to pay in cash for their solar panels, there are third party companies that offer other financing options such as paying monthly but for lesser the amount than the utility company charges. The third party company will be in charge of everything from installation, repairs, maintenance and monitoring. While this is a good option, it is still recommended that homeowners pay in cash by getting a second mortgage or availing a home equity loan.
- When homeowners pay in cash, the payback period will be a maximum of ten years. This means that their monthly savings within that time will be able to offset the costs they have spent on the solar system.
- Having solar panels installed in a home will automatically increase its value on the market. The property will be able to compete with properties that have low taxes, those located in school districts and houses that carry the Home Energy Ratings seal. Study shows that properties equipped with solar panels are sold faster and for a higher price compared to those who do not have them.
- Having a solar system will ensure that you have a secure investment for a long time. It cannot be denied that charges by utility companies fluctuate and the price of electricity is not as reliable. By choosing to invest in solar panels on the Gold Coast, one will be able to compute their fixed energy costs for a minimum of twenty years after installation.