Tips For Choosing A Pest Control Service
When we find some pests in our place and we feel like we can’t handle it, then it’s time to bring in experts. If you’re looking for a company that can handle your Bolinas CA pest control needs, then you need to remember the key idea when looking for any other professional; look for quality and value; cost isn’t the only key thing.
Competency is particularly important for pest control services, as not only will incompetence leave the pests to do more damage, but pesticides can also lead to damage to property and health. That’s why companies that handle Bolinas CA pest control and the like have such strict regulations and standards.
If you’re looking to get a pest control company, then here’s a few things you can do.
Do your homework
When people discover a pest problem in their house, they want the problem gone and dealt with as soon as possible. That being said, one shouldn’t rush; there’s time to do some research, look up companies, and find someone who’s competent and reasonably priced. It’s always a good idea to get estimates from different companies, which are usually provided for free.
As a potential customer, you have every right to ask pest control companies questions about the service they’ll be providing. They have a responsibility to be transparent, to prove themselves trustworthy. If a company doesn’t answer questions, that’s a bad sign. Here’s a few questions to keep in mind.
- How many years have you been operating?
- Can you give me a list of references; past customers?
- Is the person that’ll be handling services licensed, and/or certified?
- Can you provide a copy of your license, as well as the labels for the chemicals you’ll be using?
Beware of companies or technicians that…
- Want to handle pest control in a package deal, including things like home repair, and/or offers a special price for immediate services.
- Don’t have a listed telephone number, or, if they do have one, doesn’t work.
- Primarily goes for people who live alone.
- Arrive without any prompt, and show any pests found in other people’s properties as evidence of an issue with the neighborhood.
- Provides a per-gallon price. Pest control tends to need insecticide by the hundreds of gallons.
- Claim to use a secret formula. Any pesticide being used in the US needs proper registration from the EPA and the States Departments of Agriculture. Properly registered pesticides also have full labels listing down all of their ingredients.