How To Make Your Favorite Quote Into A Wall Art
You can now make your favorite quote a constant décor inside your house or room with a simple DIY project you can do at home. You can do this simple wall art together with your friends if you are looking for fun activities to do. If you have scraps of fabric lying around in your house, it is considered a bonus since you can use them especially if it has beautiful patterns. Making this personalised artwork is as fast as cooking frozen pizza – might as well do something while you are waiting.
First, prepare the materials needed which includes a canvas, a scrap of fabric which should be a little bit bigger in size compared to the canvas, acrylic paint, staple gun, paint brushes and alphabet stickers with adhesive. If you don’t have scrap fabrics, you can experiment with other texture such as an old map or pages from an old book you no longer use. The staple gun is also optional. If you don’t have one then you can use hot glue instead.
- Decide on the quote you are going to use. Short ones are recommended because of the limited canvas space.
- Secure the fabric to the canvas with the help of your staple gun or hot glue. Make sure to tidy the edges because you want your project to be neat enough to be hanged inside the house. You can mix and match fabrics.
- Arrange your chosen quote using alphabet stickers. Make sure that they stick well to the fabric so no paint can seep through.
- Paint the entire surface of the fabric including the letters. You can paint the edges if you like.
- Wait for the paint to dry. Once it is completely dried, peel off the alphabet stickers. Do this carefully and you will be amazed that the sticker letters are still usable for another project.
You are now done creating your own personalised artwork and you can proudly hang it on your wall. This can be used as a gift as well if you know someone who appreciates handmade presents.