Experiencing a loss of a loved one is probably the most painful thing to happen in a person’s life. When this occurs, planning the manner of a memorial ceremony is a crucial matter of discussion among family members.
Nowadays, it can be noticed that cremation is becoming more popular than the traditional burial method of placing a deceased person into his or her final resting place for reasons of affordability, practicality, and flexibility. Choosing the right cremation urns is sometimes an overwhelming thing to do for the family members considering the situation they are into in this time of grief and sorrow. Moreover, the market is inundated with varied types of cremation urns which come in different shapes, colors, sizes, themes and materials that make it even more difficult for them to decide.
Being aware of the different types of cremation urns in the market is essential before a buyer makes a purchase to make it easier to choose the right urn that depicts the personality and the life lived by the deceased person.
- Keepsake Urn – preferred by family members who want to give out the ashes of the deceased among the members of the family and some close friends. It comes in small sizes to store enough amount of cremation ashes.
- Companion Urn – a special type of urn to store cremation ashes of two persons. This is a subtle way to remember the lives of a couple and put them close together even just here on earth.
- Biodegradable Urn – the most popular type of urn in the industry at present. It is made from non-toxic materials and eco-friendly products.
- Veteran Urn – used to honor the people in the armed service who gave their lives in the service of the nation.
- Infant Urn – a type of urn to lovingly store cremation ashes of an infant or a little child. It comes in smaller sizes and is created with a motif that relates to children.
- Pet Urn – a type of urn to store cremation ashes of a pet. It comes in different sizes, colors, shapes, and designs.
- Picture Urn – looks like a picture frame with a private chamber to store the ashes. A favorite photo of the deceased is usually displayed in this type of urn.
- Theme Urn – perfect choice to depict the type of person of the deceased and highlights a special hobby, sport, and interest of the deceased.
- Art Urn – usually depicts the personality of the deceased person. A private chamber is installed to store the ashes.
- Religious Urn – depicts the religious faith of the deceased.
There are wide choices of urns in the market today. Before choosing the kind of urn to buy, it is essential to consider the personality and lifestyle of the deceased person to make the right choice that fits the beloved deceased person.