Orchids are commonly found and usually grown in our gardens behind our houses or indoors. You see, orchids nowadays have grown to be more useful than just having the colourful petals and nose-appealing fragrancies. Orchids have health benefits especially for those who are easily getting sick probably due to weak immune system. In addition to this, the presence of orchids indoors presents a calming environment which is actually good for people who are stressed most of the time due to long hours of nonstop work at the office. Orchids do also improve the overall quality of the air that you are breathing when you are inside your office or room. And most importantly, it also speeds up the healing of the one recovering from any sort of health problems. Now, if you are fond of orchids and yet, don’t have any lying around anywhere in your home, worry no more. There are many ways in which you can grow your own garden of orchid cut flowers especially for indoor use. Keep in mind that there are two commonly known ways to grow orchids but let’s focus on one specific process that only needs a nice pot where you will plant the orchid itself and below is the step-by-step procedure so you can do it on your own and experience the benefits of having orchids inside your bedroom:
- The first thing you will need to do is to decide which of the orchid cut flowers species you intend to grow for your room. You see, some kinds of orchids like Cattleya are among the easiest to grow. Also, consider the level of humidity in the environment where you intend to put the said plant because different kind of orchids work on certain level of humidity.
- Once you have chosen the specie of orchid you want, it’s now time to choose the right soil for your desired kind of orchid.
- Choose a potting mixture that will fit the needs of your chosen orchids.
- Choose a snug pot for your orchid you are planting. This way, you can avoid over-watering your orchids which can destroy the plant.
- Spread the seed equally in each pot. Use an eco-friendly fertilizer and most importantly, always use the best oil possible.
- Know when it’s time to cut certain roots of your plant and know when it’s time to change pots. Monitor.